The Board Game Book: Volume 1
In stock: 1
Released in 2019, The Board Game Book: Volume 1 covers both classical gaming titles and popular releases of 2018.
At the heart of the book you'll find more than 100 carefully crafted critical write-ups of the year's best games, from fast-playing party hits to brain-melting strategic challenges.
Rather than mechanical details, we'll focus on how games feel: the decisions they throw at players, the atmosphere they foster around the table, and how their creators have melded ideas and influences to create compelling gameplay experiences.
- An indispensable guide to the year's best games
- Behind-the-scenes interviews with the industry's most talented designers
- Stunning full-colour photography of every featured game
- Dedicated chapters on family games, party games, strategy games and more
- RPG and miniature wargames coverage from expert authors
- More than 250 pages and 120,000 words of original games journalism from contributors to The Guardian, Tabletop Gaming Magazine, IGN, Ars Technica, VICE, Geek & Sundry, and Shut Up & Sit Down